Rig Exploit Kit via the EiTest delivers CryptoShield ransomware
- Today I captured traffic from the Rig Exploit Kit (EK) which delivered CryptoShield ransomware via the EITEST campaign.
- Files on the infected host were encrypted and the file extensions were changed to .CRYPTOSHIELD .
- Thanks to @nao_sec for tweeting information on compromised site
I have added a zipped pcap file for your analysis. The password for the zipped pcap is infected all lowercase.
PCAP file of the infection traffic:
ASSOCIATED DOMAINS AND IP ADDRESSES:
- starterdaily.com – COMPROMISED SITE
- 220.127.116.11 – 3rew.nicacomercial.com – RIG EK LANDING PAGE
- 18.104.22.168 – POST /images/products-over.php – CRYPTOSHIELD C2
ASSOCIATED EMAILS FOR RANSOM PAYMENT:
firstname.lastname@example.org – SUPPORT;
email@example.com – SUPPORT RESERVE FIRST;
firstname.lastname@example.org – SUPPORT RESERVE SECOND;
IMAGES AND DETAILS OF INFECTION CHAIN:
Shown above: Injected script found on index page of compromised site associated with the EiTest campaign which redirects visitors to the Rig EK landing page – Web page source code can be found by right clicking on web page and selecting “View source”
MALICIOUS PAYLOAD ASSOCIATED WITH RIG EXPLOIT: