Rig Exploit Kit via EITEST delivers Crypt2 ransomware
- Today I captured traffic from the Rig Exploit Kit (EK) which delivered Crypt2 ransomware via the EITEST campaign.
I have added a zipped pcap file for your analysis. The password is the usual used by malware researchers. If you do not know it please email me.
PCAP file of the infection traffic:
ASSOCIATED DOMAINS AND IP ADDRESSES:
- hgrgp.ca – COMPROMISED SITE
- 126.96.36.199 – rec.3dprintingformanufacturing.com – RIG EK LANDING PAGE
- 188.8.131.52 – GET /index.jpg – CRYPT2 COMMAND and CONTROL
- 184.108.40.206 – POST /brows/setup.php – CRYPT2 COMMAND and CONTROL
ASSOCIATED EMAILS FOR RANSOM PAYMENT:
IMAGES AND DETAILS OF ORIGINAL INFECTION CHAIN:
Shown above: Injected script found on index page of compromised site which redirects visitor to the Rig EK landing page to start infection chain – Web page source code can be found by right clicking on web page and selecting “View source”
MALICIOUS PAYLOAD ASSOCIATED WITH RIG EXPLOIT: